Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current andadhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
· Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
· Please wear a mask or face covering before entering the office.
· Upon entering our office, we have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use and your temperature will be taken. You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
· You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, photo booth and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
· We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. Only the scheduled patient is allowed into the office. Please have your family and friend to wait in the car during your treatment.
· Before we begin any treatment, we will have you rinse with hydrogen peroxide for 1 minute.
· To prevent aerosol, you are required to use a bite block and an oral evacuation device during the treatment and we will not be using the cavitron ultrasonic scaler or polishing during this COVID 19 pandemic.
· When your treatment is finished, please put on your mask or face covering.
· Even though we miss you and love to catch up, we are not allowing people to congregate in the front desk area for too long. As soon as you have your next appointment is scheduled and your payment accepted, please exit the office. If you have any scheduling or administrative question, please call or email us email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 650-588-2466 or email us.
We appreciate you and thank you for helping to keep us all safe and healthy.